1. Identify the correct chronological sequence of the developers of communicative systems: A. Germans B. Romans C. Sumerians D. Chinese E. British 1. (C). (B), (D). (A) (B) 2. (A). (C), (B), (E), (D) 3. (B), (C), (E), (D), (A) 4. (D), (E), (C), (A), (B)
Answer 1 Explanation: > 3200 BC Cuneiform script created in Mesopotamia by Sumerians: Token system antecedent of writing. Three dimensional with stylus. > 3100 BC proto-elamite script. > 1700 BCE alphabets were invented consisting of 22 letters at present Syria and Lebanon. > 800 BCE, the Greeks adapted the Semitic alphabet to their Indo-European language by adding letters for vowels, now total became 27. > Etruscans, who occupied the province of Tuscany adopted the Greek alphabet by slightly. modification Etruria was conquered by Rome in the first century BCE, the alphabet became that of the Romans. > Anatolian hieroglyphs 1200 BC Chinese script. > Mesoamerica 13 different writing systems had been developed by 900 CE by various civilizations. > 8th century BCE Writing in the Greco-Roman civilizations. > Germans. > British ©navclasses
2. Which of the following is essential in classroom communication? 1. Frequent repetition of the message in different ways. 2. Avoiding repetition of the message. 3. Interrupting the speaker frequently. 4. Avoiding eye contact with students.
Answer 1 Explanation: Frequent repetition of the message in different ways is a concept of redundancy to avoid entropy and it helps learners to build trust as it confirms that the concept learner understands is authentic as it conveys the same meaning or concept every time. ©navclasses
3. Given below are two statements: One is labelled as Assertion (A) and the other is labelled as Reason (R). Assertion (A): To be effective in the classroom, a teacher should minimise the communication barriers. Reason (R): Since communication is a complex process, regular feedback analysis is essential for this purpose. 1 Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) is the correct explanation of (A). 2 Both (A) and (R) are correct but (R) is NOT the correct explanation of (A). 3 (A) is correct but (R) is not correct. 4 (A) is not correct but (R) is correct.
Answer 1 Explanation: Regular feedback helps teachers to know where it is required to emphasize and to minimise the communication barriers. ©navclasses
4. Which of the basic values which can be characterized by the central motivational goal are related to self transcendence? A. Conformity B. Power C. Benevolence D. Universalism E. Hedonism (1) (A) and (B) only (2) (B) and (C) only (3) (C) and (D) only (4) (D) and (E) only
Answer 3 Explanation: Motivational types of values as per Schwartz: > Openness to change includes: Self-direction, stimulation. > Self-enhancement includes: Hedonism, achievement, power. > Conservation includes: Security, conformity, tradition. > Self-transcendence includes: Benevolence (doing kind things for others), universalism. ©navclasses
5. It is preferable to start the classroom communication with: 1. Listening commands. 2. Anecdotes. 3. Unrelated questions. 4. Casual comments.
Answer 2 Explanation: > Anecdotes means to explain with the help of short stories. > Question is asking about how to start communication then it must be started from sender and listening will come later. > Unrelated questions are negative. > Casual comments are made carelessly, without definite intention, and should be avoided. ©navclasses
6. Match List I with List II. List I gives modes of communication, while List II provides their description. (Modes of Communication) (Description) (A) Publicity (I) Reputation management (B) Propaganda (II) Paid message (C) Advertising (III) Non-commercial promotion (D) Public relations (IV) Communication with motives 1. (A)-(I), (B)-(II), (C)-(III), (D)-(IV) 2. (A)-(II), (B)-(III), (C)-(IV), (D)-(I) 3. (A)-(IV), (B)-(I). (C)-(III), (D)-(II) 4. (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(II), (D)-(I)
Answer 4 Explanation: > Publicity is non-paid communication done through any communication channel to convey news, awareness or information about someone or something, through media. It is not under the control of the company and can be positive or negative. > Propaganda is an agenda or motive to be achieved. > Advertisement is paid form of message to large audience through media or channel like radio, newspaper, TV. > Public relations to activities done by the institute to maintain goodwill and reputation. It is controlled by the company and is positive. ©navclasses
7. Immediacy of cues in communication is dependent upon one’s own: 1. Economic preferences. 2. Physical fitness. 3. Cultural background. 4. Social expectations.
Answer 3 Explanation: Immediacy of cues means how we understand hints like smiling, nodding, making eye contact, and sometimes engaging in emotional, respectful, or professional touch as per the cultural background of a person. ©navclasses
8. Identify the correct sequence of the emergence of the following publications: (A)Standard newspapers (B)News book (C)News sheets (D)Tabloids (E)Broad sheets (1) (C), (B), (A), (D), (E) (2) (D), (E), (C), (B), (A) (3) (A), (B), (C), (E), (D) (4) (B), (C), (D), (E), (A)
Answer 1 Explanation: Sequence of newspaper publications: > News sheets: An easy variety of newspapers. > News books contain satirical poems, or otherwise formal reports of major news events. > Standard newspapers. > Tabloids: A smaller than normal newspaper that focuses on less “serious” content, particularly celebrities, sports, and artist crime stories. > Broad sheets a regular or full sized newspaper that takes a significant inspect of major news stories. ©navclasses
9. Which of the following methods help improve academic communication? (A) Preference to vertical communication. (B) Training individual students in communication skills. (C) Restricting too much generation of information. (D) Recognising cultural and linguistic differences among students. (E) Opting for uniformity in using cultural symbols. Choose the most appropriate answer from the options given below: 1. (A), (B), (C) only 2. (C), D). (E) only 3. (B), (D), (E) only 4. (B). (C), (D) only
Answer 4 Explanation: Vertical communication is only top down or bottom up so not recommended in academics learners may interact among themselve too. > Training to skills help to improve individuals. > Too much generation of information becomes overloaded hence better to restrict and generate the required amount of information. > Recognising cultural and linguistic differences helps to know about learners and to teach as per them. > Cultural symbols mean differently in different situations hence cannot be used uniformly. ©navclasses
10. Identify the correct sequence of phases in communication development: A. Acta diurna. B. Cave paintings. C. Wooden blocks for printing. D. Development of languages. E. Metal printing. Choose the correct answer from the options given below: 1. (B), (D), (C), (A), (E) 2. (A), (B), (D), (C), (E) 3. (C), (D), (E), (A), (B) 4. (D), (E), (A), (B). (C)
Answer 1 Explanation: Evolution of Media: Cave Paintings 35,000 BCE Stone Tablets 30,000 BCE Clay tablets in Mesopotamia 2400 BCE Smoke Signal 200 BCE Acta Diurna in Rome 130 BCE (First Daily Gazette,Presented on Message Boards in Public Places) Printing Press Using Wood Blocks 220 Codex in the Mayan Region 401 Newspaper – The London Gazette 1640 Typewriter 1800 Punch Card 1801 Telephone 1876 Phonograph 1877 Radio 1895 Television 1927 ©navclasses