1. Which of the International Agreements/ Convention Protocols are legally binding on the member countries (parties)? (A) Convention on biological diversity (B) Kyoto protocol (C) Montreal protocol (D) Paris agreement
1 (C) only 2 (A) and (C) only 3 (A). (B) and (C) only 4 (B). (C) and (D) only
3. Assertion (A): Carbon dioxide emissions from bioenergy. Production has traditionally been excluded from most emission inventories and climate impact studies. Reason (R): Carbon dioxide emissions associated with production of bioenergy are significantly less compared to those from combustion of fossil fuels.
(1) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A). (2) Both (A) and (R) are true but (R) is NOT the correct explanation of (A). (3) (A) is true but (R) is false. (4) (A) is false but (R) is true.
4. Assertion (A): Carbon monoxide (CO) is a serious asphyxiant; even a short exposure may have fatal health issues. Reason (R): Hemoglobin present in the blood has greater affinity towards carbon monoxide than oxygen.
1 Both (A) and (R) are correct and (R) is the correct explanation of (A). 2 Both (A) and (R) are correct but (R) is NOT the correct explanation of (A). 3 (A) is correct but (R) is not correct. 4 (A) is not correct but (R) is correct.
5. Which of the following statements about the Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are correct? i) They cause acid rain. ii) They may cause cancer. iii) They play an important role in the formation of photochemical smog.
1. i) and ii) 2. ii) and iii) 3. i) and iii) 4. i), ii), and iii)
7. Identify the sources of soil pollution from the following list: I. Industrial effluents. II. Eutrophication. III. Unscientific disposal of nuclear waste. IV. Off-shore oil drilling. V. Improper management of septic systems.
1. i), ii) and iii) 2. ii), iii) and iv) 3. i). iii) and v) 4. ii), iv) and v)
9. Which of the following statements represents mangrove characteristics as a safety hedge?
1. The mangrove trees are tall with dense canopies. 2. The mangrove trees provide both food and medicines. 3. The mangrove swamps separate the human settlement from the sea. 4. The mangrove trees protect vulnerable coastlines as they hold soil together.