Admissions for the Academic Session – 2021-2022
The University of Delhi has always been sensitive to the concerns of the enrolled and prospective students. In continuous efforts to make the online admission process more student friendly, transparent, centralised, contact-free and paperless, the University of Delhi launches a new refined website, dedicated for an easy access to admission related information. The Admission Branch announces the commencement of admissions for the academic year 2021-22. It invites candidates desirous of taking admission to the University of Delhi by registering themselves on the DU portal (www.du.ac.in) as per the following schedule:
|Programmes||Commencement Date||Last Date|
|Post Graduate Programmes||Monday, July 26, 2021||Thursday, August 21, 2021|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. Programmes||Monday, July 26, 2021||Thursday, August 21, 2021|
|Under-Graduate Programmes||Monday, August 02, 2021||Tuesday, August 31, 2021|
DU Admissions 2021: How to register
• Visit the official site of Delhi University on du.ac.in.
• Click on DU PG admission link available on the home page.
• Fill in the application form and make the payment of application fees.
• Click on confirm and download the confirmation page.
• Keep a hard copy of the same for further need.
UNIVERSITY OF DELHI DU-POST GRADUATE ADMISSION 2021
Those applicants want to get admission in Ph.D. courses of Delhi University, they can fill the application form a per their eligibility criteria through online mode. The application form of Ph.D. programs of Delhi University can be filled twice a year through online mode.
Candidates have to give the entrance test of DU Ph.D. and score the qualified marks in this test. As per the entrance test result, candidates will go for the interview round to get select in the Delhi University Ph.D. courses.
ON-LINE REGISTRATION FEE FOR ADMISSION TO M.Phil./Ph.D. COURSES (2021-22)
- An eligible Candidate desirous of seeking admission to M.Phil./Ph.D.Program(s) of the University of Delhi for the academic session 2021-22 must read the contents of this Bulletin of Information carefully. Before filling the application form for online registration, the candidates are advised to also consult the Delhi University Act, 1922 and its Statutes. The Ordinances, Rules and Regulations of the University of Delhi available on the University website, www.du.ac.in would be binding on them.
- All the candidates seeking admission to the M.Phil./ Ph.D. Programs are required to register online.
- The admission of the candidates for M.Phil. /Ph.D. Program is governed by the Ordinance VI and its amendments of the University of Delhi.
- Changes made in any Program after the release of this Bulletin shall become effective from the date it is posted on M.Phil./Ph.D.AdmissionPortalhttp://www.du.ac.in.
- University reserves the right to revise, amend, update, or delete any part of this Bulletin without giving any prior notice. Any change so made shall be updated on the M.Phil./Ph.D. Admission Portal.
- In case of non-compliance of any of the requirements for admission including non- submission of relevant documents and / or non-payment of Fee within the prescribed date and time, will automatically lead to cancellation of admission without any prior notice in this regard.
- If at any stage, original documents relating to the admission of a candidate are found to be fake/ non-genuine or fabricated or in any other manner defective, the said candidate will not be admitted; and if already admitted, admission will be cancelled without any prior notice in this regard. If the same is found after the completion of Program, his / her degree will be cancelled and appropriate legal action will be taken against him / her.
- Candidates are responsible for regularly checking the portal for any updates. Grievances resulting from lack of reading / consulting this Bulletin and Information published/uploaded on the DU website time to time will not be entertained.
Registration fee for SC/ST/PwBD : Rs. 300/- for each course
Registration fee for all other Categories (Unreserved, OBC, EWS etc.) : Rs. 750/- for each course
Note: Registration Fee is Non-Refundable
Considering the challenges that emerged last year due to Covid pandemic, this year, for the benefit of the students, the University has decided to retain the Eligibility Criteria as last year.
The University has also decided that there will be no change in the registration fees for Merit Based and Entrance Based admissions. Centralised UG admissions will be done through one Registration-cum-Application form. All Departments / Colleges will use the same Registration-cum-Application Form for admissions and the candidates will not have to fill any other form.
For Post Graduate Programmes, the candidates will be required to fill one Registration Form but pay separate Registration Fees if opting for more than one programme.
All candidates applying for M.Phil/Ph.D. Programmes will have to fill a common Registration Form.
In no case will the Registration Fees be refunded.
Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET-2021) for all Post-Graduate programmes, selected Under-Graduate programmes and M.Phil./Ph.D programmes will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for which the dates will be announced soon. Non-NET candidates who are desirous of seeking admissions to Ph.D. and MPhil programmes have to appear for DUET 2021.
From the academic year 2021-22 onwards, admissions to Bachelor in Physiotherapy, Bachelor in Occupational Therapy, Bachelor of Prosthetics & Orthotics, and Masters of Physiotherapy will be done through DUET.
All entrance tests will be conducted through NTA’s Computer Based mode. This year, University of Delhi is planning to increase the Test-Centres for DUET.
Admissions to Under-Graduate Merit-based programmes will be based on Cut-offs as per past years practice. The Admission Branch is working with Principals of Colleges on modalities for deciding cut-offs so as to avoid over and under admissions.
The University of Delhi also encourages students to excel in various Sports and Extra-Curricular Activities by conducting various competitions and providing necessary infrastructure. Representation of at least 1% each (of total intake capacity of the college) to ECA and Sports is mandatory for all colleges, subject to a ceiling of 5% (of total intake capacity of the college) in total for ECA and Sports together. Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19 pandemic and prevailing public health guidelines, UG merit based admissions under the ECA and Sports Categories will take place without the conduct of online/offline trials. Admissions under these supernumerary seats will be done based on the Merit/Participation certificates of the applicants. Only for this year, the applicants will be allowed to upload certificates of the preceding four years (1st May 2017 – 30th April 2021).
The Admission Branch is planning to organise webinars and upload tutorial videos to help candidates throughout the admission process. Announcement of these webinars will be published on the University website time to time. In addition, computer based Help Desks in the form of Chat-Bots and emails will also be available 24*7 to answer queries of the candidates.
All Colleges and Departments have also come forward with their dedicated teams of Nodal Officers and Help Desks to facilitate the candidates. Information related to these helpdesks will be made available on the University website as well as on the websites of the respective Departments/Colleges.
For more details, Bulletins of Information can be referred to, which will be released with the commencement of the registration process. The candidates are advised to regularly visit the website of University of Delhi (www.du.ac.in) for all authentic and updated information.