Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti
Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between the Intellectual Property Facilitation Cell (IPFC), Ministry of Defence (MoD) and National Research Development Corporation (NRDC), Ministry of Science and Technology to provide a major fillip to the ongoing efforts towards promoting a culture of Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) in Indian Defence industry.
- Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti was launched in the year 2018 with the aim to inculcate IP culture in Indian defence manufacturing ecosystem.
- Under this mission, an Intellectual Property Facilitation Cell (IPFC) was established under the aegis of Directorate General Quality Assurance (DGQA).
- The centre, within a short span of a year, has achieved the challenging target of training more than 12,000 personnel on IPR and facilitating filing of more than 1000 new IPR applications.
- The Action Plan 2019-20 of MRGS includes training of additional 20,000 personnel from Public / Private Sector Industry and Armed Forces on relevance of IP Culture to Indian Defence manufacturing industry and to institute a framework which enables full utilization of new ideas and innovation towards achieving self-reliance in defence sector.
National Research Development Corporation
- The National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) was established in the year 1953 by the Government of India, with the primary objective to promote, develop and commercialise the technologies / know-how / inventions / patents / processes emanating from various national R&D institutions / Universities
Directorate General Quality Assurance
- The Directorate General of Quality Assurance (DGQA) is under the Department Of Defence Production , Ministry of Defence. The organisation provides Quality Assurance (QA) cover for the entire range of Arms, Ammunitions, Equipments and Stores supplied to Armed Forces.
Ishan Vikas and Ishan Uday schemes are being implemented for the students of North Eastern region.
Ishan Vikas is coordinated by IIT, Guwahati and under the programme, selected school children from North Eastern States are brought in close contact with the
- Indian Institute of Technology (IITs),
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) and
- National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS)
during the vacation period to motivate them to pursue science, technology, engineering and mathematics and to facilitate internship opportunities for the engineering college students in various institutes of national importance.
Annual target is to provide visit of 96 school children to premier institutes and summer internships to 250 engineering students. Rs. 605.45 lakhs has been approved for the programme. Since inception of the programme in 2014-15, 1637 school children and 372 Engineering students have benefited.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme is administered by University Grants Commission (UGC). Under the scheme, scholarship is provided to the economically backward students from the North East Region for pursuing general degree courses, technical and professional degree courses.
It is envisaged to provide 10000 scholarships annually. Since inception of the scheme in 2014-15, Rs. 224.82 Crore has been disbursed towards release of 47525 fresh and renewal scholarships.
World Bio-fuel Day (The International Biodiesel Day) is observed every year on August 10 to create awareness about the importance of non-fossil fuels.
- Bio-fuels are renewable, bio-degradable, sustainable and environment friendly fuel. It can be seen as alternative to conventional fossil fuels.
Significance of Day On this day in 1893, Sir Rudalph Diesel (inventor of the diesel engine) for the first time successfully ran mechanical engine with Peanut Oil. His research experiment had predicted that vegetable oil is going to replace the fossil fuels in the next century to fuel different mechanical engines
- An official statement said that the World Biofuel Day is observed every year on August 10 to create awareness about the importance of non-fossil fuels as an alternative to conventional fossil fuels.
- The World Biofuel Day is being observed by the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas for the last three years. (since 2015)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was the Chief Guest for the inaugural session of the World Biofuel Day programme.
The government will achieve 10 per cent ethanol blending in petrol by 2022 and is targeting to double it to 20 per cent by 2030, he added.
Now we will produce 450 crore litre of ethanol in next four years from existing 141 crore litre.
It will result in import savings of Rs 12,000 crore,” Modi said addressing an event here to mark World Biofuel Day.
India meets more than 80 per cent of its oil needs through imports. Apart from the thrust on use of electricity, particularly from renewable sources, India is promoting biofuels for reducing its crude import bill.
PM Modi announces setting up of 12 modern biofuel refineries
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said that 12 modern biofuel refineries worth 10,000 crore rupees will be established across the country.
This will provide employment to 1.5 lakh youth. He was addressing an event on the occasion of World Biofuel Day 2018 in New Delhi.
Mr Modi said that biofuel can bring revolutionary changes in the lives of the farmers and that the government is making a huge investment towards converting biomass into biofuel.
The Prime Minister also said that the government is trying to reduce dependence on CNG import and soon it will promote CNG vehicles in the villages. He said, the Centre is also working to make BioCNG from farm waste.
On the occasion, Prime Minister launched web portal PARIVESH, a single window for environmental, wildlife, forest and Coastal Regulation Zone clearances. He also released a book on National Biofuel Policy 2018.
PARIVESH: Pro-Active and Responsive facilitation by Interactive, Virtuous and Environmental Single-window Hub
Speaking on the occasion, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said, the government has focused on biofuels as it helps fight climate change and also helps sugarcane farmers to raise their income.