Teaching aids helps students to improve their skills and make learning fun. There are various kinds of teaching aids.
1. Chart – Shows group facts in the form of a diagram, table or graph & includes an outline or word definitions
2. Flash Cards – A set of cards that have number, letters, pictures or words on it & are used for facts and enhance memory
3. Flip Charts – Useful for teaching large groups at a time and while teaching a lesson which involves stages or a process.
4. Maps – Used in social studies so that students can understand spatial relations
5. Newspapers – Used to learn about different places, cultures, grammar & current events.
6. Graphs – Can be used in any subject. To compare population growth in social studies, numbers & ratios
7. Surveys – Can be used by the teacher to gain feedback.
8. Audio Visual Aids – Things to remember while using AV aids:
– Select the one suited for the topic
– Use AV to support or reinforce the activity
– Make sure the AV aid can be seen & heard clearly
– Practice using the aids before hand
9. Hardware – Radio, TV & Tape recorder
10. Software – Board, Cartoons & Models
Click here to download pdf