Single point information source on Climate Action “India Climate Change Knowledge Portal” launched
India has achieved its Pre-2020 Climate Action targets: Shri Prakash Javadekar
Shri Javadekar informed at the virtual event that India has practically achieved its Pre-2020 Climate Action targets and said though historically India is not responsible for emissions, India, under the dynamic leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi is leading the world on ClimateAction.
The eight major components included in the knowledge portal are:
1. India’s Climate Profile
2. National Policy Framework
3. India’s NDC goals
4. Adaptation Actions
5. Mitigation Actions
6. Bilateral and Multilateral Cooperation
7. International Climate Negotiations
8. Reports & Publications
National Solar Mission: Target / Deliverables:
- Achieve 100 GW of solar power by 2022.
- Enabling policy framework for implementation of the mission
- Promoting 2000 MW of off-grid solar applications, including 20 million solar lights by 2022
- Creating a conducive environment for developing solar manufacturing capability in the country
- Supporting research and development and capacity building activities
- The target of 100 GW solar power is to be achieved in seven years starting from 2014-15, with 40 GW of grid-connected rooftop projects and 60 GW of large and medium land-based solar-power projects
National Mission for a Green India (GIM):
To increase forest/tree cover to the extent of 5 Mha and improve quality of forest/tree cover on another 5 Mha of forest/non-forest lands.
National Water Mission (NWM): Increasing water-use efficiency by 20%
|Source||Total Installed Capacity (MW)||2022 target (MW)|
|Biomass power(Biomass & Gasification and Bagasse Cogeneration)||10,145.92||*10,000|