Definition of teaching
Teaching includes all the activities of providing education to other. The person who provides education is called a teacher. The teacher uses different methods for giving best knowledge to his students. He tries his best to make understand students. His duty is to encourage students to learn the subjects.
Many great teachers of the world define teaching in a different way and we can say that teaching is just to train the students so that they can stand on their own foot in society.
In teaching, three main aspects comes in our front
- These are teacher-centred methods,
- learner-centered methods,
- content–focused methods and interactive/participative methods.
Nature and characteristics of teaching
- The main character of teaching is to provide guidance and training.
- Teaching is an interaction between teacher and students.
- Teaching is an art to giving knowledge to students with effective way.
- Teaching is a science to educate fact and causes of different topics of different subjects.
- Teaching is continuing process.
- A teacher can teach effectively if he has full confidence on the subject.
- Teaching encourages students to learn more and more.
- Teaching is formal as well as informal
- Teaching is communication of information to students. In teaching, teacher imparts information in an interesting way so that students can easily understand the information.
- Teaching is a tool to help the student to adjust himself in society and its environment.
MCQs ON TEACHING APTITUDE
(b)Inform the headmaster
(c)Advise them properly
Ans. Advise them properly
2. The mental development of the child most closely parallels an increase in:
(a)His ability to get along with others.
(b)His ability to profit from experience
(c)His stock of knowledge
(d)His ability to memorize
3. Which of the following is not a valuable feedback for a teacher?
(a)Encourages root learning
(c)Product oriented evaluation
Ans. Continuous evaluation system
(b)Tell them that you are not the apt person
6. Who is the best motivator of a student at school?
Ans. The teacher
(b)Only to some extent
(a)Answer very shortly for the questions asked by the parents
(c)Introduce them to the principal
(d)Try to avoid interaction with the parents
9. The quality of teaching is based on:
(d)Overall development of students
(b)Make a complaint to the principal about the class.
(c)Have a friendly talk with the teacher at some convenient time and discuss a solution
(d)None of these
Ans. Educational guidance
(a)Induce the students to learn
(c)Help the students in preparing good notes
(d)Finish the course in time